Assistant Mechanical Technician
posted : 3 June, 2019
job type : Full Time
Purpose of the Job :
The Assistant Mechanical Technician is responsible for execution of work tasks assigned by the Mechanical Team Leader and associated with the proper repair of designated offshore production equipment.
Principal Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Assist in the monitoring of operational performance of company assets against agreed indicators in own discipline.
- Assist to ensure safe and timely completion of mechanical repairs assigned by the Mechanical Team Leader and/or Supervisors.
- Responsible to safely and efficiently carry out routine and preventative maintenance assignments throughout the Mokoko Abana.
- Assist in replacement and/or new installation of mechanical equipment as required.
- Support to maintain an adequate inventory of mechanical stock to minimize downtime of equipment.
- Ensure all HSSE guidelines are adhered to ensure protection of personnel, company assets and the environment
- Promptly report any incidents that may or may not pose a threat to personnel, company assets or the environment to the Mechanical Team Leader, Maintenance Supervision and/or OIM.
- Be responsible and attentive to leader’s instructions safe methods and job procedures.
Interface & Dimensions:
- Continuous improvement and on the job training.
- Maintain contacts with other disciplines and with (limited) third parties on strictly technical matters.
- Proper cleaning and inspection of parts and other equipment to ensure compliance with mechanical standards.
- Ability to learn.
- Able to work in a difficult & confined environment.
- Dexterity and physically fit for offshore work.
Experience / Competence Requirements
- GCE A’ level Technical.
- 2 years Operation or maintenance Assistant.
- Minimum 1-year experience in Production Operations with limited knowledge of oilfield processes.
- Good listener, motivated & self-starter
- HSE Requirement: Possess HUET or BOSIET Certification
- Operations and extensive knowledge of oilfield processes.
- Promote staff/contractor awareness of safety, health and environmental issues.
Closing date :Wednesday, June 12 2019